Apr 4, 2007

Thoughts on farting

There are 2 types of men in the world - those who can fart in public and those who can't. Farting, I have discovered is the greatest leveller. I have heard many uncles of extremely serious disposition farting along during serious conversations, timing the farts to coincide with the breaks in the conversation. I have heard some of my occidental colleagues in Europe and elsewhere farting to their hearts contents in meetings or in pubs (the only difference being that each fart is followed by a muttered 'excuse me').

So ok I arrived at a theory to explain this. Uncles fart because they are 'socially challenged'. Goras fart because they have confidence in their superiority.

So why can't I?

7 comments:

Scout said...

what about gora uncles? man they must be farting away to glory, and danm those "excuse me"s!

S said...

so fart! what's with you guys? first ghetu, now you. farting seems the rage!

ghetufool said...

support farting!

kaushik said...

Sayantani: Thats the thing about farting. You cannot keep it inside. Shuv why dont we take her to Rantuma.

Vikas said...

wish they had loudest fart award, i would have been famous.

Gypsy said...

hilarious post and so true!!and how about the reactions to farting in public? do u go red in the face each time a gora farts and says "excuse me'?! :-)

Shuv said...

gypsy: yeah..and one of them had a long and serious discourse with me asking me how come i didnt, considering the spicy indian food that we eat every day.