Sep 4, 2006

What a character!




"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Best on spending.

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life."
Best on discipline.

"I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes."
Best on the blood transfusion after his liver transplant

"I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep."
Best on alcoholism

"The greatest footballer in the world".
Pele on George Best

6 comments:

Shuv said...

yeah..he was larger than life hutum..by the way, loved your profile description..

kaushik said...

Best was best in what?? Footballer, Womaniser or Drinker

I guess his life epitomises the
Waste of the Best

Shuv said...

absolutely true koushik..but i will reserve my judgement od the footballing part (as i havent had the fortune to see him play, even on TV)..when it comes to the english media, they are so bloody biased its not funny. beckham, rooney, gazza, owen owe 75% to media hype rather than their footballing skills.

kaushik said...

I just saw pic of Kambli.. And that reminded me George Best epitomises the difference between a Vinod Kambli and a Sachin Tendulkar.

But one thing I dont agree the comparison b/w Gazza and Beckham. I think Gazza was a more complete footballer than our Gay icon. No doubt he curls those freekick royal well but I dont think he is half as good a footballer as Gazza. Infact Gazza is one of the better footballers England have aspired to produce. He could have been there Flintoff of football...

Am I sounding pedagogic.. Well just saw an job ad from Google looking without people who has a knowledge of Pedagogic Grammar... I dont have knowledge but I am applying Google..

ghetufool said...

"i need 364 women in an year, one day i would take rest"
he said something like that too.

Shuv said...

did he ghetu? looks like me and georgie were lost in kumbha mela when we were kids..