Jun 29, 2006

Movies that make you cry

I have noticed this trend in me and some of my friends. Old age is making us simultaenously cynical and maudlin. These two characteristics usually dont go hand in hand; a cynical guy is rarely moved to tears. But thats how it is.

I remember when i was a kid i used to bug everyone while watching tear jerkers like 'Anand' - my favorite past time was shining a torch into my father's while he struggled to hold back his tears. Now the same movie invariably makes me cry (i particularly love that scene when Johnny Walker breaks down). There are sequences in Gandhi that moves me to tears, I cry with Mukul when he sees the ruins of his house in Sonar Kella, I cry when Forrest meets his son for the first time and asks if he is normal or like him, I even fucking cry when Vinny wins the case in My Cousin Vinny.

Pretty fucking disgusting I think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you and what have you done with my cousin??????

ankan said...

not digusting at all my friend, just so fking human.

Shuv said...

jhimli: it will be the same me when u meet me. these are things i do when i am alone (and when i wrote i cry its not exactly howling, i meant a tear in the eye)..anyways when u r in india next we will watch anand at home and i will watch it with the torch..

ankan: keep coming and posting man!

Shuv said...

u bloody disgrace to the rajput race!!! tu to pondy dekhke bhi rota hai..

Anonymous said...

dear shuv, even machines have brains.
we are humans because of our hearts.
we have supressed it for way too long. its time we started to experience the 'feminine' inside us.
i think that is what makes us a 'total' human.