Nov 14, 2006

Some weird dream

I was desperately climbing to the roof. The staircase was caved in and there was no way up. But I just had to go up, you see. And so the only way up was from the outside.

The first floor wasnt a problem. One of the window shutters was open and I was able to use the grill to reach the parapet. But after that it was hair-raising. As i inched along desperately clinging on to any projection I found on that blank, unforgiving wall, the top looked like some impossible dream. I had the standard scares I have seen in countless movies, pigeons suddenly flying out from a hole above my head, one toe slipping and almost hurtling down, looking down and seeing the ground way down below etc. But finally I triumphed. I looked around and saw the world at my feet. And decided to jump.

And then suddenly, Harindranath Chatterjee was at my elbow. He gave me a severe hearing about the futility and cowardice of suicide. He took me home..and i started afresh.

A solemn vow. No more egg curry for dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear shuv, thats scary man!..not the dream, but the reason which is making you dream like this!?? (its surely not egg curry bro..)

dude, i reccomend you to seriously
buy some 'raunchy' joke books and start reading immediately.

M (tread softly upon) said...

LOL you cannot blame the eggs :)

Shuv said...

thank god! whats life without eggs?