Oct 4, 2006

Scent of a woman

I wont dare to try and write a review of probably the greatest movie of all time. What I would do is copy two of Lt Col Slade's monologues, ones that I could listen to a billion times and not get tired of, scenes I could watch a million times and still get goose pimples. So, here they are:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Women !
What can you say ?
Who made 'em ?
God must have been a fuckin' genius.
The hair --They say the hair is everything, you know.
Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls...and just wanted to go to sleep forever ?
Or lips --and when they touched yours, it was like...that first swallow of wine...after you just crossed the desert.
Tits ! Whoo-ah ! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya...
like secret searchlights.
Mmmmm.
And legs --I don't care if they're Greek columns...or secondhand Steinways.
What's between 'em....passport to heaven.
There's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a time I could see.
And I have seen.
Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off.
But there is nothin' like the sight...of an amputated spirit.
There is no prosthetic for that
As I came in here, I heard those words: "cradle of leadership."
well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, and it has fallen here.
Makers of men, creators of leaders. Be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here.
I don't know if Charlie's silence here today...is right or wrong; I'm not a judge or jury.
But I can tell you this: he won't sell anybody out...to buy his future !
and that, my friends, is called integrity.
That's called courage. Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of.
Now I have come to the crossroads in my life.
I always knew what the right path was.
Without exception, I knew, but I never took it.
You know why ?
It was too damn hard.
Now here's Charlie.
He's come to the crossroads.
He has chosen a path.
It's the right path.
It's a path made of principle...that leads to character.
Let him continue on his journey.
You hold this boy's future in your hands, Committee.
It's a valuable future, believe me.
Don't destroy it. Protect it. Embrace it.
It's gonna make you proud one day, I promise you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic movie.I remembered these scenes for a long time and as you said just read them nothing to comment on this, no one can.

Anonymous said...

hey bro,have u watched 'seven years in tibet'? Brad pritt.
believe me i found the brad pritts character a lot like yours (as much as i know u..)

ull like the movie.

Anonymous said...

dear bro, read your comment in kaushiks blog regarding the annonymous stuff.frankly speaking,felt hurt.

dear shuv,why do you keep on insisting for an i.d? a face..a name..? what difference does it make?

is it bcoz,it helps u to read the persons body language,to make an analysis on the persons psychological constitution with your trained management / communication skills ? and for what?

all this so that u can manipulate your comments as per the persons nature.. to keep 'winning' in the conversation?

trust me ..its useless.

rip van winkle is just a projection..a projection of your own consiousness.

more you supress rip,more you will drift away from yourself.

belive me,the day u drop your mind(at present it has taken over the control from you).. and start thinking from your heart you will become rip van winkle yourself.

Shuv said...

hutum: whoo-ah is right!!

ghetufool said...

now i have to see the movie.

Shuv said...

dont tell me ghetu u r a scent of a woman virgin!!!!!! get the DVD this evening man and post a comment immdtly after you have seen the movie!

rama said...

Hullo! Thanks for the visit to Cickoo's Call. Your blog is interesting too! I look forward to reading through your archive. Best, rama

Shuv said...

hi rama..be prepared..my blog is not as serious as yours. but i hope u will find something you like. welcome.