Jan 16, 2009

Bloody us

Before the tirade starts a word of thanks to all my pompous, self-obsessed countrymen. For it was them that had started me blogging when i had felt the urge to express my frustration and anger against them. Then over the years my friends and constant readers (god bless each and every one of them) convinced me that i had 'talent'...with the obvious outcome being i stopped writing those posts and concentrated on compositions full of samples of my 'talent'...with the expected outcome that this blog averages 4 posts a year.

BUT NOT ANY MORE. 'I can see clearly now the rain's gone' as Mr Whittaker had sung. 'I have seen the light' as Buddha said. And so here goes.

Huge hoohah in India with 2 issues - Sachin not figuring in ICC top 20 list of test batsmen and Mr Amitabh F Bachan expressing his disgust at Slumdog Millionaire showing poverty in India.

A big FUCK YOU to all of you.

8 comments:

ghetufool said...

here goes my middle fingure > yo! welcome back maaan!

Scout said...

bachchan was probably mad he wasnt in the movie.

Vikas said...

matlab no more stories/poetry from you? yeehaw......

Ace of Spades said...

its 'I can SEE clearly now the rain's gone.'

and FUCK YOU too...

Shuv said...

ghetu: thanks!

scout: he has completely lost it man!

vikas: i promise to mail them across one to one

ace: thanks and same to u!

Anonymous said...

BTW, the song "I can see clearly now the rain is gone" was sung by Johnny Nash and not by Mr. Rogers (of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood) who famously (and rather irritatingly) sang "Will you be by neighbor?" at the beginning of EACH AND EVERY show. But you are probably thinking of Roger Whittaker, who did a rather captivating version of it much later than Nash.

Shuv said...

YES! whittaker it was that i was thinking of...and by johnny nash u mean Nash of CSNY?

Anonymous said...

No,
Johnny Nash was a black singer from quite some time back, predating CSNY