May 23, 2006

Hail Male Bonding!









The progression in the pictures tell an amazing story. Ayush and Shirley were as thick as thieves over the past couple of years. 80% of their waking time at home was spent together and it looked like they would never get tired of each other's companies. Harsha was the haddi in this kabab, and sometimes it saddenned me to see how these 2 used to gang up against this 12 year old. He used to be left out of their games, ignored in conversations and falsely accused when either of these 2 got hurt playing (kids can be damn cruel man, read Lord of the flies).. Suddenly in this trip i witnessed a change. Ayush is becoming a man, and he seems to be prefering Harsha's company. Shirley is more interested in discussing the latest Imran Hashmi kissing scene and trying to enact it with Ayush (scary!!) while Ayush is happier discussing the latest Power Rangers episode with Harsh. Ayush is getting into the physical games boys enjoy, like punching each other around or hammering away at a video game keyboard, and Shirley is not being able to keep up with the pace. The inevitable has started to happen and these 2 are now ganging up against Shirley. I did some reading on the net and found out that this usually happens to kids when they are about 5 or 6 when they start preferring same sex company. Am I happy?? MCP that I am, YEAH!!!

5 comments:

kaushik said...

What makes you think that

Every blogger i have come across are 'deep, intense people'..just like me...

Shuv said...

that was intended as a sarcasm..bloggers usually take themeselves too seriously..after reading some blogs i have to put a cold towel around my head and sit quietly in a dark room for half an hour

kaushik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kaushik said...

Well, Ayush, Shirley, Harsha.. Very interesting read for me since I used to take an active part in their antics.

I miss those mumbai trips very much. Thats one of those things i dont like about Blore. And I have accepted its difficult to connect with Kidos over phone.

But lucky Ayush has Shirley, Harsha finally. I remember those days in Bangalore when all the company that he had was Dodo, You and Me. All males who were hovering around the 30s. This is something which June too is facing nowadays except for the 2 hrs in the evening she goes out to the park.

As for which I prefer Ayush's tilting towards Harsha or Shirley.. I would be more interested to watch them closely and enjoy the see saw.

Shuv said...

now dont get me wrong here guys..i hope the tilting towards males is restricted to friendships only...